With over 5,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
The Finance & Accounting department manages all aspects of our financial operations – from cash management to financial reporting. Being part of this team means playing a fundamental role in how our business operates.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented and excellent communicator with previous experience in administration to join our Finance & Accounting Team. As the Accounting Assistant you will make sure that all our invoices are paid on time in order to keep our suppliers happy. You will be entering all invoices into our accounting system and reconcile or investigate any discrepancies on supplier accounts.
If you’re hoping to join an established company with excellent benefits, we’d love to hear from you.
- Maintain efficient business administration processes to ensure accounts payable invoices are entered in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage supplier account queries through email and phone
- Supplier account reconciliation and investigation
- Inter-company balance reconciliation and group-wide settlement
- Month end and year end analysis and review of accounts
- Fixed Asset bookings and reconciliations
- Accounts payable processing and customer account management
- Ensure correct execution of internal controls and procedures
- Liaise with various departments to resolve queries
- General administrative duties as required
- Third-level degree beneficial but not essential
- Minimum 3 years Administrative / Office experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Experience of general enterprise accounting systems (i.e. SAP) is beneficial
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure
What you can expect
- €30,950 rising up to €40,000 within 4 years
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Private employee medical insurance and Pension
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen