With over 5,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-orientated and excellent communicator to join our Construction team. The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the store construction process from inception to completion. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively and collaborate in a positive and professional manner with all relevant stakeholders.
- Management of all contractors, consultants and suppliers involved in the store construction process
- Management of Planning Permission, Fire Cert applications and Disability Access Certificate applications
- Management of the design and tender process for construction related projects
- Manage the negotiation and award of contracts for construction projects
- Appoint and coordinate the project design team
- Act as contract administrator for construction projects
- Attend and chair site meetings
- Management of cost, programme quality and Health and Safety for construction projects
- Manage value engineering efforts to realise best value
- Completion of additional tasks will also be required from time to time
- Qualified to honours degree level in either Building Services, Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction related degree.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-orientated with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general construction processes, contracts and other legal documents involved in construction / property development.
- Proficient IT skills, particularly Powerpoint and Excel.
- Ability to work well and collaborate within a team.
- Full Driving licence
What you can expect
- €42,400 rising to €54,075 over 4 years
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 after 2 years
- Company pension after one year of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment