With over 5,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
Training and Development
At Lidl, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset and that our success is hugely attributable to the commitment and dedication of our workforce. Career development and training are of major importance to us. All employees are provided with the training and support they need to reach their full potential and to progress within the company. Structured, on-the-job training is the foundation of our training concept, giving our employees the opportunity for further development both professionally and personally. At Lidl we believe that training is the most important investment we can make in our people.
Finance and Accounting
The Finance and Accounting Department is responsible for processing and managing the finances of the company. This extends to maintaining and implementing controls around cash, treasury management and bank reconciliations as well as ensuring the prompt payment of all creditors and the timely collection of any amounts receivable from debtors. The department also prepares financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, in line with Lidl accounting procedures. The Finance and Accounting function acts as a service provider to the operational business within Lidl, regularly preparing a number of reports for other departments as well as providing support in maintaining relationships with third parties.
- An expected or attained 2.1 Honours Level 8 degree
- Full driver’s license is required
- Flexibility to travel or relocate within Ireland is required
- Motivation and drive
- Strong personal skills
- Work experience or experience abroad
- German is an advantage but not a necessity
What you can expect
- €36,400 salary per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Programme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsibility for and involvement in projects with real business impact
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills and career path
- One-to-one coaching available from a qualified coach in the business
- Competency assessment days to learn about your management and leadership style and how to work best with others
- A vast array of training and development opportunities from our in-house training catalogue including Leadership Development Programmes
- Masterclasses with renowned business experts
- Director and graduate mentorship programme
- While in Dublin Head Office access to the on-site gym and canteen
Lidl is an equal opportunities employer.