With over 5,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
The IT Systems department manages all aspects of our IT operations - from our retail and warehouse operations to our supporting office workplaces. Being part of this team means playing a fundamental role in supporting how our business operates and driving improvements in our daily operations.
Our corporate network, both technically and operationally, is fundamental to the effective running of our operations. With that in mind, we intend to enhance our team through the recruitment of a highly experienced and capable network consultant. The right candidate will be someone with significant and demonstratable hands-on experience with managing large scale LAN, WAN, WLAN and VOIP networks, as well as having experience working in a technical infrastructure or operations environment. The candidate should be results driven, thrive under pressure and be comfortable communicating and influencing people company-wide and across all levels of seniority.
If you’re hoping to join an established company with excellent benefits, an exciting, collaborative working environment, where you can make a real impact, we’d like to hear from you.
- Provision and commissioning (install, configure, maintain and develop) of the necessary hardware infrastructure (data centres, networks, server / storage systems, data redundancy (backup), telecoms / telephony),
- Planning and implementation of IT network infrastructure for newly-built Head Office, warehouse and store buildings (server rooms, supply technology, cabling, active infrastructure components),
- Implementation and monitoring of technical specifications for compliance with data protection, and ensuring operational IT security,
- Undertaking regular administration, monitoring and other operating tasks for fault-free infrastructure operations and the continual optimisation of the infrastructure for which he/she is responsible,
- Qualified problem analysis and support (2nd/3rd level support), and covering on-call duties (rota-based) outside the regulated daily working hours, including weekends and public holidays,
- Planning and implementation of changes (ITIL Change Management) in the area for which he/she is responsible,
- Participating in release planning and assurance of patch management in the area for which he/she is responsible,
- Capacity planning, including forecasting future resource requirements for the systems for which he/she is responsible,
- Design and implementation of projects including sub-project management in technical projects while applying the Lidl Project Management Standards, up to and including service transition,
- Performing regular, systematic quality assurance and performance management assessments,
- Elicitation and provision of operating KPIs in order to deliver best-in-class services,
- Provision of documentation (technical and non-technical).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally gained within a large international organisation,
- Cisco certified in network administration to a professional level (CCNP or higher) is a distinct advantage,
- Demonstratable experience with managing large scale LAN, WAN, WLAN and VOIP networks,
- Experience with other network technologies such as Fortinet, Baracuda and Huawei as well as general system administration (Microsoft and/or Linux) is desirable,
- Is team-orientated and enjoys working with others in a collaborative environment,
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to obtain results and instigate change,
- Highly motivated, flexible, ability to thrive in a high-paced environment and on work on own initiative,
- Demonstrate good judgement in navigating challenging issues and in recommending an appropriate course of action,
- Proficient in project management with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task,
- Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent, ideally in a computer science and/or information systems discipline.
What you can expect
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Choice of Company Car (Optional)
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after six month’s service
- Initial training and on-going development
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
Lidl is an equal opportunities employer.