We are as flexible as you are. We have different shifts to suit your lifestyle. Come and speak to us to see what we can offer you. This may be your next career move!
As a Customer Assistant you are required to sell alcohol, therefore you must be 18 or over to work in our store.
- Interacting with the customer in a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner
- Maintaining store cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Ensuring the correct quantity and quality of goods are made available to our customers
- Following freshness and rotation principles
- Preparing, baking and displaying bakery products
- Ensuring all waste is managed correctly
- Assisting in the stock count process
- A can-do attitude and excellent customer service skills
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- To be responsible and reliable
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced, varied environment
- A good team player
- Preferably, previous experience in a customer facing role but this is not essential provided you have the right attitude
- €12.30 per hour rising to €14.30ph over 4 years
- Additional supplements paid depending on the days & hours worked
- 25% additional pay for any unsocial hours worked
- 50% supplement for any hours worked over 39 hours
- 50% supplement working on a Sunday
- 75% supplement working unsocial hours in conjunction with working over 39 hours or on a Sunday
- 100% supplement working on a bank holiday
- 20 days holidays per annum pro rata
- Company pension after 1 year
- Genuine opportunities for career development
- Vodafone, Circle K and Private Health Insurance discounts available for all employees
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Maternity & Paternity Leave top up, Marriage leave, Employee Assistance Programme
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 9 statutory days.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
Rachel Hynes - Customer Assistant
"I love how diverse my role is!"
Rachel enjoys working in a fast paced environment where she can develop her interpersonal skills among colleagues and customers.