Training and Development
From our Head Office to the shop floor and everywhere in between our primary goal is to create and deliver a fantastic customer journey for everyone who shops at Lidl.
As the only City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Graduate Programme in Ireland, the Lidl Graduate Management Development Programme is a unique programme that is tailored for each individual graduate. Our exciting 18-month programme consists of several modules which will give graduates a full understanding of our business.
Whilst on the programme you will receive a bespoke training plan designed around your career path and current skills to teach you everything you need to know about working for Lidl. You will spend some time in our stores and warehouses to gain a thorough understanding of the key business areas. The programme gives you the opportunity to enjoy both personal and professional development through on-the-job training and a blended learning approach.
Throughout your training you will be supported by trainers at every level of the business. They will assist you through solid hands-on experience and formal training sessions on key topics relevant to your new role. As well as helping you learn the business from the ground up, our training programme is designed to help you expand and develop your problem solving and business management skills.
Think you have what it takes to join the Lidl team?
Property manages all aspects of the company’s property portfolio. We acquire suitable development sites, achieve planning permission for stores and construct these according to our corporate specification. The network of open stores together with warehouses, offices and ancillary property requires ongoing active portfolio management to ensure that we are maximising the value of our assets.
What you'll need
- An expected or attained 2.1 Honours Level 8 degree
- Full driving licence is required
- Flexibility to travel or relocate within Ireland is required
- Motivation and drive
- Strong personal skills
- Work experience or experience abroad
- German is an advantage but not a necessity
What you'll receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- €40,313 salary per annum pro rata
- 20 days holiday per annum pro rata
- Private employee medical insurance
- Flexible start and finish times
- City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Programme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsibility for and involvement in projects with real business impact
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills and career path
- One-to-one coaching available from a qualified coach in the business
- Competency assessment days to learn about your management and leadership style and how to work best with others
- A vast array of training and development opportunities from our in-house training catalogue including Leadership Development Programmes
- Masterclasses with renowned business experts
- Director and graduate mentorship programme
- Modern office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week