From our Head Office to the shop floor and everywhere in between our primary goal is to create and deliver a fantastic customer journey for everyone who shops at Lidl.
With over 7,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for sourcing equipment and services to support our Stores, Regional Offices & Warehouses and Head Office. You will manage the process from conception right through to delivery and will see the fruits of your labour in our network of Stores and Warehouses Nationwide.
What you'll do
- Sourcing potential suppliers both nationally and internationally and negotiating the best possible price, terms and conditions for equipment and services
- Controlling and overseeing the negotiation, planning, roll-out, testing and auditing of new equipment and services
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure the smooth implementation of test projects, seamless ordering, and efficient company operations
- Managing relationships with suppliers through regular meetings to ensure adherence to quality, level of service and price competitiveness
- Managing projects to ensure they are completed safely, in line with the companies’ requirements to strict timelines and budgets
- Maintaining administration files for all tasks to minimise any risk to the company and demonstrate full transparency
- Full responsibility for expenditure planning and management in relevant area, producing monthly reports, explaining any deviations from plans, and preventing overspends
- Seek out innovative solutions for improvements leading to improved operational productivity, improved safety and reduced capital and maintenance costs.
- Review and appraise capital and operating expenditure and develop / propose and / or new opportunities to assist in the reduction of these costs
- Visit stores and warehouses to meet suppliers, review quality of installations and take feedback from business colleagues
What you'll need
- Have a genuine passion for retail and enjoy negotiations
- Previous experience collaborating with other business units to achieve company goals and objectives
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised individually or as part of a team
- Leadership skills with proven experience of leading, supporting and mentoring teams
- Strong administration, organisational, documentation and analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks at one time ensuring that all tasks are completed.
- German would be an advantage but not essential
- Full driving licence
What you'll receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- €69,875 rising to €91,375 over 5 years
- Company car (optional)
- 25 days holidays per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after six months of service
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- Modern office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week