Trainee Buyer Programme
Join our Trainee Buyer Programme and you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark on our range while helping deliver a fantastic customer journey for everyone who shops at Lidl! As part of the Trainee Buyer Programme in this fast-paced and exciting area of our business, you will be given a structured and comprehensive training plan which will enable you to develop the skills required in order to assist in the development and management of product categories through detailed market and consumer behaviour analysis. This will involve continuously sourcing new suppliers, promoting product innovation and ensuring a top-quality offering at the lowest possible price for our customers.
You can expect a friendly and dynamic environment where you’ll gain experience in the development and management of our product categories. We know our people are our greatest asset and that’s why you can look forward to a generous starting salary of €40,313, private medical insurance, and a host of other great benefits. It’s a Lidl thing!
What you'll do
- Completing regular competitor and assortment analysis and product group comparisons
- Tasting and conducting quality checks in consultation with the Quality Assurance department
- Negotiating and building relationships with national and international suppliers
- Working in collaboration with other related departments such as Social Media, Marketing and Promotional Planning to help manage and drive our product categories
- Setting and reviewing retail prices on a regular basis
What you'll need
- Fluent German is an advantage
- Third-level degree is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated and drive
- Ability to work under pressure
- Full driving licence is essential
What you'll receive
- €40,313 salary per annum pro rata
- 20 days holidays per annum pro rata
- Private employee medical insurance
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- A vast array of training opportunities from our in-house training catalogue
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills
- Modern office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 10 statutory days.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Using the Bike to Work scheme, Lidl can help you attain a brand-new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,000 of tax relief after a qualifying period of service. You can also utilise a salary sacrifice arrangement to pay for the bike over a 6-month period so that you can save up to 51% of the retail price.
Hosting sports & social events throughout Ireland, this club presents many opportunities to meet your colleagues through sport and become part of teams competing both internally and externally. There are annual trips abroad that are a huge success and plenty of social events throughout the year.