Keeping over 200 Lidl stores across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Working in either the Goods In, Selection or Transport team, reporting directly the Regional Logistics Executive you will oversee the daily operations in your area of the distribution centre. Leading and developing Warehouse Operatives, Supervisors and Administrators, you’ll maximise productivity levels and guarantee our high standards of quality.
- Managing the performance of all departmental employees through training, mentoring, guiding and regular appraisals
- Training and development of all employees within your area of responsibility
- Management of day to day operations for the department in relation to KPIs such as write offs, inventory, productivity and standards
- Overseeing and developing internal processes, procedures and policies
- Managing all aspects of cost within your department
- Focused on detailed quality control within your department
- Ensuring your department is compliant with H&S regulations and the team are adequately trained
- You have or expect to attain a minimum of a 2.1 degree in any discipline or have a minimum of three years’ management experience
- Experience in managing warehousing from both an operational and strategic perspective
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through teamwork
- Able to challenge at all levels, using appropriate manner and behaviour to encourage positive change
- Disciplined approach to organisation, administration and project management
- Organised, flexible, motivated and hard-working leader
- Motivated to make a difference in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in logistics
- €60,000 rising to €75,500 within 6 years
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Company pension after six months of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training from an experienced team member
- An exciting and diversified job
- Company car (optional)
- Ongoing development and excellent opportunities for career progression
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 9 statutory days.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Employees who are eligible for a company car can avail of this benefit.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Chris Riordan - Logistics Manager
"There is great satisfaction when we overcome challenges."
Chris enjoys working with a team of Deputy Logistics Managers, Desk Clerks & over 130 operatives. It’s their responsibility to pick stock efficiently for 51 stores in the Leinster region.