Keeping over 200 Lidl stores across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job of our regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Our Regional Distribution Centre is looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic individual to join their Warehouse team. This role entails various admin tasks, working within both an office and warehouse environment. Reporting to the Deputy Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring stock is checked, stored and picked efficiently and effectively to be shipped to all stores across the region. You will provide the vital link between the stores and the warehouse ensuring that orders and received and processed in a timely manner.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual looking to utilise their strong organisational and interpersonal skills in a buzzing, dynamic team environment.
Our regional distribution centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we require staff to cover both day and night shifts.
Your shift pattern will be 5 days out of 7 (including weekends and bank holidays).
• Support the Deputy Logistics Manager with daily tasks, including database management, stock management, the transport schedule and other relevant computer programmes
• Communicate over the phone and in person to other departments, stores and hauliers, dealing with any queries or issues they might have
• The effective delegation of store orders to ensure operational efficiency
• Process all relevant documentation and accurately input data on the warehouse system database
• Assisting the supervisor with any ad hoc tasks
• Excellent collaboration skills along with the ability to work independently
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes
• Strong administrative and organisation skills
• Confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills
• A flexible can-do attitude
• An eye for detail
• Outstanding numeracy skills
• A sense of pride in a job well done
• Experience within a warehouse environment preferable
• €30,950 rising to €40,000 within 4 years
• €25 extra pay per night shift between 00.00 and 7.00
• 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
• Company pension after one year of service
• Private employee medical insurance
• Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• Dynamic work environment
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 9 statutory days.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Marijana Babic - Desk Clerk
"You need to be organised & be able to work under pressure."
Marjiana loves working in a varied environment where every day is different.
Apply for a job as Desk Clerk!
Where would you like to work?
Please search for a job you are interested in