Making sure a group of Lidl stores operate efficiently and generate maximum turnover is a big, big responsibility, so we make no apology for being highly selective in choosing the right person.
We are looking for "up-for-it", "ahead-of-the-game", "do-it-better" retail professionals who have gained proven experience since graduating and who can develop the role. Experience, though, doesn’t mean you’ve seen it all before and that you can do the job standing on your head. It means you’ve learned the value of fresh ideas and have developed a passion for people management. It’s about strategic-thinking, bar-raising, problem-solving managers who can inspire everyone to be high achievers. If you’ve got it, you’ll get loads back, fast-tracked with a great package and every opportunity to develop your management abilities in a visible role with a keep-it-simple, fast-growing, retail-changing business.
Please note that your application will include five exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader with team Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
We look forward to receiving your application !
- Drive sales through ensuring exceptional store standards
- Implement all new store procedures and sales initiatives
- Optimise availability
- Build relationships to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the business
- Monitor and control operational costs
- Recruit the best possible people for your stores
- Develop staff to achieve their full potential
- You have or expect to attain a minimum of a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or a minimum of three years management experience
- Excellent communication, planning, organisation and analytical skills
- A full clean driving licence
- Organised, flexible, motivated and a hard-working leader
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team
- Strong interest in developing a career in retail
- Starting salary of €65,000 rising up to €96,000
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Company pension after 6 months
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- An exciting and diversified job
- A fully expensed company car
- Fast-track career opportunities
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 9 statutory days.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Employees who are eligible for a company car can avail of this benefit.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Alex Slevin - Area Manager
"It’s very rewarding to pull together to reach a common goal!"
In 2018, Alex took over the busy Dublin City Centre district. He loves working with a diverse team, that are hardworking & efficient, with an eye for detail.