With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, regional distribution centres and offices in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
If you have a fresh outlook, customer focus and the appetite for a fresh challenge matched by the desire to learn and succeed, then this is the opportunity for you. Our structured training will give you responsibility from day one, and help develop your commercial know-how through hands on operational experience
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete a numerical and verbal reasoning test, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of your skills and your potential as a member of Team Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Support the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of your store.
- Target driven approach to KPI’s
- Manage, motivate and develop the store team.
- Maintain excellent shop floor presentation.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Lead by example.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- You have completed your leaving certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a fast paced environment
- Full driving licence
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate and support the development of the whole store team
- The flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- Strong interest in developing a career in retail
- €41,000 rising to €48,000 within 4 years
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Company pension after 1 year
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and progression to Store Manager level (and beyond!)
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
We're fully dedicated to your personal and professional development to help you reach your potential.
Having time off to spend however you wish is essential for your physical and mental wellbeing; to allow for relaxation and to catch up with things outside the workplace. At Lidl, we provide up to 25 days paid annual leave each year plus 9 statutory days.
All employees are entitled to join the Lidl Pension Scheme after a qualifying period. This benefit is provided by the company allowing you to save for your retirement.
Salary paid employees are signed up to the healthcare scheme and are covered from the first day of employment. The provided scheme ensures that you are well equipped with cover for various healthcare issues that may arise. We encourage eligible employees to review the scheme thoroughly to ensure they understand what is offered.
From time to time we all unfortunately fall ill. In order to reduce the burden when this occurs, Lidl generously provides 20 days paid sick leave (after 6 months of service). The necessary medical certificates may be required depending on the length of leave taken.
Throughout the year, we promote wellness initiatives to support your safety and wellbeing at Lidl. Initiatives range from supporting your physical and mental health to ensuring your safety in the workplace.
We provide a generous remuneration top up for maternity and adoption leave to encourage new mothers to take that time out to bond with their new arrival. Statutory leave allows fathers to take 2 weeks leave to enjoy the arrival of their newborn or newly adopted child. At Lidl, we offer employees a generous remuneration top up to supplement this leave.
Jenny McCarthy - Deputy Store Manager
"I love that you’re supported in bettering yourself!"
For Jenny, the best thing about Lidl is the constant opportunity for development. If you want to progress, you’re always encouraged.
Apply for one of 7 jobs!
Where would you like to work?
Please search for a job you are interested in